As you may know, we jump on the Taco Tuesday bandwagon quite frequently. This week, the green rice didn’t make an appearance, but another green addition did… guacamole! Since we moved to NC from SoCal, the opportunity to have avocados with our meals has drastically decreased, they are about twice as expensive and the selection is very slim. I was able to finally find a few that weren’t super beat up or extremely un-ripe to make guacamole to go with our tacos!
I know there are a lot guacamole recipes out there, this one is mine. Enjoy!
- 3 ripe avalados, diced or mashed
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- juice from 1/2 – 1 lime
- 1/2 c. cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients together into a bowl and mix well. Adjust the amount of lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy with your favorite Mexican meal or as a snack with tortilla chips.
Mexican Monday or Taco Tuesday?